Recent comments

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   1 day 9 hours ago

Am I mistaken but wasn't this also part of an Mlse grant for 100k? If that is added on to the 200k that was raised am I correct in saying that's a total of 300k? I'm ignorant about construction but that seems like a lot of money for the product. For 100k we redid a whole floor in a house! I just don't get it...

• Noise Wall Committee Websites   2 days 1 hour ago

Sorry to report this evening that our Goal Line Stand for a greener solution to noise mitigation than massive walls of concrete and plexiglass has been unsuccessful. Cristina Martins has failed to secure a meeting with Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca.
    We can speculate endlessly about whether our rookie MPP is either incompetent or unwillingly to work for a better outcome (she does lives in Willowdale). If you are a Liberal and the only thing you stand for is re-election, why get soiled trying to do the right thing?
    For Steven Del Duca it is easier to let this play out, blame it on his predecessors and avoid wearing the issue by getting involved.
    There are more battles ahead. Metrolinx temporarily shelved plans to elevate the Barrie GO line tracks (that form our Eastern border) from Bloor Street to Davenport when the ruckus over the UP Express go so heated. They will be returning to the issue before long. It just won't be the Junction Triangle Rail Committee waging the battle. Fighting an arms length government agency like Metrolinx has proven to be pointless when they have so clearly got Transportation Ministers under their thumb. There is a new one almost every year and that works totally to he advantage of the political hacks and PR operatives who run the organization.
    The Rail Committee is not hanging around to point fingers or say "We told you". We are now officially closed for business. Many thanks to all of the residents who have been vocal about the issue of electrification and noise walls. We never would have tough it out so long without your support!

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   3 days 1 hour ago

Parents raised the money. TDSB did not put a dime. What do you want for $ 200 000 bucks. You have to rent the machinery, pay the dump trucks, fencing, and labour. I just did my upstairs washroom for $ 10 000 bucks, get a quote to repave your driveway!!!!!!! What they did with the little money they had is not that bad!!!!!!!!!!

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   3 days 1 hour ago

• Noise Wall Committee Websites   1 week 2 days ago

The fares for the new UP Diesel Express have been announced ($27 one-way). The Ontario Auditor General has reviewed the operations of Metrolinx (not so good). And residents have been commenting on the role of Davenport MPP Cristina Martins in this mess (even worse).

The Junction Triangle Rail Committee has it all and more. Come and join us!

Kevin Putnam
    Junction Triangle Rail Committee @

• Ward 18 All Candidates Sustainable Transportation Meeting   1 week 4 days ago

Anonymous postings should be eliminated from the site. It is too frequently abused by people who are unwilling to put their names to their ridiculous assertions.

• Ward 18 All Candidates Sustainable Transportation Meeting   1 week 4 days ago

And the award for not knowing what you are talking about goes to....."Anonymous".

I have been involved with Railpath for quite some time and have worked with Ana Bailao on a number of issues related to expansion. I think all stakeholders would agree that she has helped the process move along so that in 2016 we will have shovels in the ground. She has helped navigate the complicated relations with Metrolinx and we are in the preliminary stages of expanding north to St. Clair.

I find it somewhat amusing that 2 days before this post was put up Ana and Mike Layton were holding a public consultation on Sudbury street about Railpath attended by about 50 people. I would take a guess that since Ana has been in office we have had at least 40 meetings with her about Railpath.

If you are going to disparage people at least have your facts straight.

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   1 week 6 days ago

Yes, many thanks to the community for their efforts in the project. But I have to agree, we were expecting more...much more. The material on the track is just not feasible for our climate. The design is really awkward as it's not a full track in the sense I would understand it. Circular in shape that is. Also, they just re-used the existing soccer nets(without even as much as painting them) and what is the purpose of that planter box? TDSB is a beast of an organization as many mentioned but with that kind of money, I wonder if much of it was spent in labor costs as the materials certainly don't reflect that kind of money! The middle of the track wasn't even scraped to be re-paved.

• Parking Spot for Rent   1 week 6 days ago

Hi there, curious to know where the spot is and the cost
    Monthly? Thank you!
    Christie Johnson

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   2 weeks 20 hours ago

Sorry TuffyRocks, did not mean to put you on the defensive. The School Board is a monster unlike any other. Everything is super expensive and takes an unusual amount of time. It took a lot of effort by a group of parents, not me, to make phase one happen. Phase two will require another group of parents to knock themselves out. The School Board does not have the resources, it will only happen if there are people able to dedicate the time.

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   2 weeks 1 day ago

Kevin,

I'm not trying to demean or degrade any effort by the parents (I'm one of them) and/or the community. I know the hard work that went in to planning and raising the money. Is there going to be a phase two? I just don't see $250,000 worth of improvements. If I'm wrong than I apologize to all involved. If there is a phase two let me know where I can sign up.

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   2 weeks 1 day ago

The schoolyard project opened today at Perth Avenue Public School is phase one of upgrades planned for the yard. The initial $250,000 could not cover all of the design wishes, so this is a scaled-back version of the original plan. The money for this project has been raised by parents in the community. Many thanks for all of their efforts!!
    If you would like to see more improvements, please consider getting involved. Our neighbourhood has lots of potential and loads of great ideas, just not enough hands to make everything happen.

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   2 weeks 1 day ago

It's done and officially open.

Ana been all over Twitter singing it's praises.

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   2 weeks 1 day ago

Honestly, yeah, me too. Is there supposed to be more to it? Is it complete?

• Perth/St.Luigi Playground   2 weeks 1 day ago

Is anyone else as disappointed with the "new" play ground as I am??? I realize the obstacles they had with the school being buried under the play ground but I think we could have gotten more out of the $100,000.

• Ward 18 All Candidates Sustainable Transportation Meeting   2 weeks 1 day ago

Hahaha.... Vic that post is almost too good to be real.

• Ward 18 All Candidates Sustainable Transportation Meeting   2 weeks 2 days ago

The award for extremely late post-election comment goes to....
    ....
    ....drumroll
    .....
    Anonymous!

I hope Ana Bailao doesn't win. She voted to remove the Jarvis lanes and some of the Dupont lanes, and has done absolutely nothing about extending the rail path.

• Noise Wall Committee Websites   2 weeks 3 days ago

Did you know that Davenport MPP Cristina Martins has been caught impersonating a turtle? Or maybe she heard someone yell "air raid" because it has been all duck and cover for the newly elected member of the legislature. The Junction Triangle Rail Committee has been trying to call her out.
    You can find details on our Facebook page along with the exact location of those massive noise walls now under construction and more information about our efforts to meet Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca. https://www.facebook.com/groups/413180405403017/

• Noise Wall Committee Websites   3 weeks 6 hours ago

Timely! I too am wondering what's up with her and am emailing an inquiry (far more general than yours) from over in the Brockton corner of Davenport.

• Junction Triangle T-Shirt Contest Results   3 weeks 11 hours ago

Congrats to all the entrants. And the winner! Kelly's design to me was reminiscent of something out of Spike Lee's movie posters...great stuff.

• Noise Wall Committee Websites   3 weeks 1 day ago

From the Junction Triangle Rail Committee mailbox, local resident Kris Erickson writes to Davenport MPP Cristina Martins:

Dear Cristina,

I’m a resident, and I’ve been waiting since the election to see or hear some activity from you in the community. So far I’ve seen none, and heard less. In this vein, I am writing to offer some advice.

I believe the rather divisive issue of the noise barriers that are going up beside the West Toronto Railpath - after a really problematic consultation process with residents and stakeholders - is one issue where you might begin to connect with your constituents. Greener, more aesthetically engaging options for the barrier are available, but Metrolinx is pushing for what appears to be the lowest cost option. It is also an option that appears to celebrate the local community (through commissioned public art), but risks undermining that bond with a very ambiguous plan to maintain and support the installed art. I am well aware of your commitments to Hon. Michael Chan as his Parliamentary Assistant, but I also believe it’s time for you to listen to local community groups and take action to intervene in this installation process.

Another way of building up what seems to be your rather poor relationship with the community is to follow up on your campaign promise to push for *clean* transit and, accordingly, to renew calls for *immediate electrification of the Georgetown line* as your active and vocal predecessor, Jonah Schein, did so loudly and unambiguously. At the very least, I expect you to hold your government to account for then-Minister Glen Murray’s promise of *electrification by 2017.* (The promise, for your reference, can be seen at https://twitter.com/Glen4ONT/status/312227689350197250/photo/1)

I’m sure you are aware of these issues, and have been in touch with local community organizations like the Junction Triangle Rail Committee and the Clean Train Coalition. In case you haven’t, I have CC-ed them, as well as some of your colleagues at Queens Park. I’m sure they’re eager to see what you will do in defense and support of your constituents.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future - I’m sorry to say that, at the moment, I feel the silence is deafening.

Sincerely,
    Kris Erickson
    Junction Triangle Resident

• Junction Triangle T-Shirt Contest Results   3 weeks 1 day ago

Congrats Eric, My Fave was Kelly Payne.
    Cheers!
    -P

• Noise Wall Committee Websites   3 weeks 3 days ago

CALL TO ACTION! With noise wall construction just underway in the Junction Triangle, area residents have a choice to either accept this poorly conceived piece of infrastructure or make a goal line stand to improve the situation - we still want a greener solution than concrete and plexiglass that will simply provide a massive canvas for graffiti despite all of the PR spin from Metrolinx.
    Since being elected just over five months ago, Davenport MPP Cristina Martins has remained invisible on the issue of electrification and noise walls. E-mails and telephone calls from the Junction Triangle Rail Committee have gone unanswered.
    Now with the help of Julie Dzerowicz, a candidate for the federal Liberal nomination in Davenport, we are making another attempt to meet with the Minister of Transportation Steven Del Duca. As a colleague and member of the government, Cristina Martins is well positioned to help open the Minister's door to a meeting.
    If you want to help, please take a minute and call Cristina Martins. Ask her to stand with the residents she represents by arranging a meeting with the Minister ASAP. If you don't get her on the phone, leave a message and ask her to call you back. If you hear nothing, please keep calling. The number is 416-535-3158. This is Cristina's opportunity to show us that she is more than just a go-along backbencher. Many thanks!

More information about noise walls and electrification can be found on our Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/413180405403017/

• Bloor Improvement Group AGM   3 weeks 4 days ago

"organized stalking" ? What are you talking about?