Recent comments

• The Golden Apple Waldorf Daycare   1 week 4 days ago

This daycare has been shut down indefinitely by the Children's Aid Society of Toronto on November 16, 2016, due to serious concerns about this individual. She has falsely stated she has an ECE and used the Waldorf logo without certification. She may leave and set up somewhere else and has previously provided care in Kitchener among other possible locations.

For more information contact the Children's Aid Society worker Kim at 416-924-4640 x2728.

• Fuse Condos - Lansdowne & Dupont   5 weeks 3 days ago

Hey Fuse Team!

Your neighbors in the triangle would LOVE an update. Looks like people have started moving into Fuse and the Metro building is under construction. Would love a status update and details please!

Thanks,
    JunctionTriangleResident

• Pedestrian bridge near Automotive Tower?   12 weeks 2 days ago

Walk around buddy. The poor condo dwellers will just have to make-do. The majority of them are young and fit enough to walk / bike around the train tracks. Welcome to the neighborhood.

• George Chuvalo - Local boxing champ   15 weeks 4 days ago

GEORGE , MY NAME IS GEORGE RICHARD WALLIN , I TRAINED @ LANDSDOWNE FROM 1966 TO 1972 . BETWEEN YOU & CLYDE . BORN IN 1954 . JERRY BATES , BEV CARTER & TEDDY ALL TRAINED ME . I LOVED THOSE DAYS . I MOVED TO ALBERTA IN 1978 . NEXT TIME YOUR IN ALBERTA I WOULD LOVE TO SIT DOWN & REMINISE . YOU SIGNED A PICTURE OF YOURSELF , THIS PICTURE WAS MENT FOR ME , GG . WAS MY PARTNER GERALD GERRISH YOU MIGHT REMEMBER ME. I HAD ONE FIGHT @ CITY TV SPARED W/ BOBBY , JOE HENRY , CLYDE GRAY , CICLE KING , I WON TWO OF THE ALBERTA SO YOU THINK YOUR TOUGH FIGHTS IN SECONDS BECAUSE OF THIS HISTORY , MY NUMBER IS IN THE RED DEER DIRECTORY . PLEASE CALL & WE`LL HOOK UP , SEND A E-MAIL & GET IN TOUCH. YOUR FRIEND PUNCHY RICK .

• George Chuvalo - Local boxing champ   16 weeks 3 days ago

Robert lives in my home in milton on

• 100 in 1 Day: Buzz on the Bridge   26 weeks 2 days ago

Please don't vandalize the sidewalk this year, and maybe clean up the trash (bridge streamers, posters). Thanks.

• George Chuvalo - Local boxing champ   26 weeks 6 days ago

I knew the "Pretty Boy" Felstein at Toronto Athletic Club in the late 60s. In 1969 I went to Lansdowne and I don't think he was there. Chuvalo was, trained then by Max Kadin. The amateur star at that time was Bob Bozic. I had to spar with him and it was terrifying. I liked Felstein a lot. Does anyone know what happened to him?

• 436-38-40 Perth Avenue, 1944   32 weeks 6 days ago

Do you have any photos of the neighbourhood at that time?

• Andrew Huang ft. Side Pony Nation - Ma Bicyclette (local music video)   34 weeks 1 day ago

Heh... There's now a PopSpot Video version (with silly background annotations): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga1edI_9FDw

• Old rail underpass by Paton Road.   35 weeks 4 days ago

Been a while. I think there is more then gators down there. Few of us were trying to get the attention from Public Health and others levels of government regarding the un-used under path. Many residents close to the under path complained about seeing rats coming from the path. Not to mention a good breeding ground for West Nile virus.. Been dark and wet. The should fill the hole and do an enclosed over path above the rails to the other side, like Wallace bridge. Leaving it like that can be dangerous to the public as it is not sealed properly as water gets into the opening, not a good idea.

I remember when it first open it was been well used, then you seen a change. More criminal acts were happening, lights were been broken, tagging, very dark, unsafe. People stealing cars then letting go down the stairs, assaults. Never remember and sexual assault been reported. However I do remember people been robbed, many going unreported.

• George Chuvalo - Local boxing champ   36 weeks 15 hours ago

Hey my name is Bill. I was 11 years old when i went to the beaches boxing club. That would have been 1975. The first person i met Travis there was jerry Bates who became my trainer. Will always remember jerry. White shirt, black tie and black dress pants. He was such a great tranier. Started sparing with a kid named Kenny shaw and another kid named john Robinson.

Eventually the gym died down so I ended up at queen city boxing club. thats were i met guys like nicky furlano, eddie melo, tray Travis kenny Cleveland and Clyde gray. I started sparing there with a kid named Robert Cumberland who was a slick boxer . i also met mark leduc there. Actually it was mark who gave
    Me my first pair of boxing trunks. Lots of good fights in those days. Joey melo would always fight killer saunders. Had a few good bouts thete myself.

After a couple years there i ended up at landsdown boxibg club. I met leo marsh and use to spare with his brother metric. Some long ago memories ill tell ya

• Old rail underpass by Paton Road.   36 weeks 5 days ago

watch out! there be gators and crocks lurking in those parts

• 436-38-40 Perth Avenue, 1944   36 weeks 5 days ago

My family (Martinkowski) lived at 436 Perth (the one on the left) from 1939 to Apr. 1945. The house on the right (440) was demolished to make way for a driveway into a new development. The Simic (spelling a guess) family lived at 438 along with thr Bell family and the Gevalla (spelling a guess) family lived at 440.

• Old rail underpass by Paton Road.   37 weeks 13 hours ago

Hey - does anyone know the history of this underpass - why it was sealed off? How about opening it again? Great way to get to Propeller - or the Subway at Lansdowne!

• Rose's Antiques   38 weeks 5 days ago

JR's Auction House:

Here is a pic of the place I took a couple of days ago while walking my dog:

: )

• Rose's Antiques   41 weeks 2 days ago

Got a flyer today- on Thursdays there will be live auctions held there.
    Took a glance inside- some pretty interesting finds.

• Large Lot Between Wallace Ave & Paton Rd on Lansdowne   41 weeks 4 days ago

As many of you are aware, the TTC owned land at 640 Lansdowne Avenue was contaminated by previous industrial uses from the surrounding area. Following a lengthy legal battle between General Electric and the TTC over this contamination, an agreement was finally reached earlier this year.

As a result of my efforts and for the City and TTC to do its due diligence in facilitating the eventual transfer of this land, work is presently underway to complete the environmental testing process on the site to determine the current situation and next steps. This will include a Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Assessment and a Remedial Action Plan. These steps are necessary to ensure that something actually takes place on the land.

I have been informed that this work has started yesterday, meaning that action is taking place after many long years of this site sitting vacant and nothing happening.

This site has also been identified as a potential site for affordable housing through the City's Open Door Program. I would like to caution that everything is still very much in the preliminary stages and I will be updating the community as this issue progresses and the picture becomes clearer.

• 1439 Bloor West @ Perth (Former U-Haul)   43 weeks 1 day ago

Hello,

Please call me at (647) 703-5318

Best regards.

Tamara Didenko
    Commercial Focus Realty Brokerage Inc.
    Broker

35 The Links Rd. #202,

Toronto M2P 1T7

Office: 416 972-9220 x 316

Mobile: 647 703 5318

ontarioinvestors@gmail.com

www.ontarioinvestors.com

• Davenport Diamond Grade Separation   44 weeks 3 days ago

The provincial Minister of the Environment Glenn Murray has responded today to requests to delay the environmental assessment for the Davenport Diamond grade separation project with a NO. You can find his letter and a cover note from MPP Cristina Martins by visiting our Facebook page Junction Triangle Rail Committee

• Corner of Symmington/Dupont - Vacant Lot   45 weeks 4 days ago

oh lovely! haha. Hopefully they can get rid of the contamination at some point to build something in that area - it's not pretty to look at!

• Corner of Symmington/Dupont - Vacant Lot   45 weeks 5 days ago

Years ago this was a gas station and the land is contaminated. Every couple of months there are vacuum trucks pumping out water and when they are there there is a strong smell of gasoline around them.

• 1439 Bloor West @ Perth (Former U-Haul)   46 weeks 1 day ago

The planner for this site is now Aviva Pelt. The construction is for a sales centre for the 26 Ernest Avenue property.

• Large Lot Between Wallace Ave & Paton Rd on Lansdowne   46 weeks 1 day ago

Not so fast. First they have to determine what kind of remediation is needed.That outcome could greatly effect the process.

• Large Lot Between Wallace Ave & Paton Rd on Lansdowne   46 weeks 1 day ago

According to Ana Bailao's office the litigation surrounding the land has now been sorted out and the TTC will be selling the land soon. Likely it will go to a developer for mid-rise development. That would mean 5-8 stories with retail at the base and residences of some sort above. We'll have to wait and see who buys it.

• 1439 Bloor West @ Perth (Former U-Haul)   47 weeks 7 hours ago

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone knows what this development is going to be? Has the plan changed in the past 5.5 years since the last post here? There is construction and excavation but no signs with public information.
    Thanks.